Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Madrid, Madrid, Who Art Thou?


I knew from the very first moment that I liked Madrid better. Yeah, I said it! I like Madrid better than I like Barcelona. For starters, when I stepped onto the soil of Madrid, the air was fresher and cleaner, and I felt like I could finally breath.  I felt the actual Spanish atmosphere, there. It was great!

The hotel that I stayed at was lovely! In a perfect location, central to everything, and where the action happened. Oh and not to mention – Ben and Jerry’s was right around the corner. I ate there five times that weekend. I’ve been craving “real” ice cream since I’ve arrived in Europe and finally got it. Gelato does nothing for me, so the three scoops of cookie dough did the body good.

Being in the central part of town, you got to see some unusual, creative, weird, and beautiful things.
Fresh off the Renfe Train

Now this fellow right here was the first still character I came across. Didn’t know what to expect. He was very still with a glass of coffee continuously pouring out of his cup and refilling itself. Obviously, there was some Wizard of Oz type stuff going on here, but I still thought it was cool.  
This guy right here … this guy right here {Giggles} was by far my favorite. I’m not sure how he did it, but he did. He was up in the air, holding himself on the motorcycle. So creatively, amazingly, beautiful! 

When I say weird, I do mean weird. And I don’t really think I need to caption this character. 


Vale – Besides the neat looking characters, the city in itself was gorgeous. And I say again, I felt the Spanish feel. Something that I have yet to feel here in Barcelona - maybe because it’s technically not Spain. It’s Catalonia. {Not prepared to go into that whole “trying to gain independence” thing. Look it up, it might be of some interest to you.} To see more pictures of my weekend trip to Madrid, visit my Facebook page. 
Two days to explore this city was not enough. I felt rushed. I’m looking forward to my return in December.  Never know which character I'll run into next. {Giggles}











4 comments:

  1. Nette!!!! I'm so happy that ur enjoying your time over seas and soaking up all the culture!!! The Spider-Man right here is classic..Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend lived in Madrid for 6 months and we decided to meet in Barcelona as I was flying from Frankfurt. During our weekend there all she did was say about how different it was to Madrid and how much she preferred Madrid. By the sounds of it, I would have too!

    Kate | Diaries of a Essex Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. B. Cass, - thank you for stopping by and checking up on me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate - Yes! Madrid was awesome and I totally recommend it over Barcelona. :-) Thanks for stopping by.
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete