Monday, October 14, 2013

Amalfi Coast is THE BEST COAST {Part I}



WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND! I finally had my ah-ha moment and I had it in Italy! Like, I've obviously been sleeping on Italy. What was I thinking?

I booked this weekend trip through Bus2Alps while I was back in the States. Knowing there would be a couple of my study abroad peers traveling eased my mind. Excited would be an understatement. AND finally the day had come to pack my weekend bag for Italy. Let me say this traveling with ONLY a carry on is NOT in my blood. I find it a bit difficult being that you can only carry 3 ounces of liquids or less and any purse that you carry MUST be inside that carry on. To add insult to injury, the bag could be no more than 10 kilograms 22 pounds. Who makes up these ridiculous rules?!?!?

Any who, once arriving to the airport, a group of girls and I were sadly disappointed to find out that our passports would NOT be stamped for our journey. Something about were still in the EU or UA <- as you can see I have no clue as to why we didnt get stamped. I was just ready to get on the first plane moving, Hunni Child Boo-Boo! {Giggles} Our flight departed Barca at 18:35 {6:35 pm} and we arrived in Rome an hour and forty minutes later. J
RyanAir, the cheapest yet cheapest airline you will ever fly through. 

While waiting for our travel bus to arrive we came across this little fellow. He was actually going around to each person in the airport wanting a pet.  I found it quite strange that the airport had a cat. He stopped to stare at us when he realized we werent as welcoming. Like, aint nobody got time fa dat! A stray cat? {SMH} - poor thing, bless his little olheart!


The United Limousine arrived to pick us up three hours later. It had made several stops prior to our pick-up so the bus was pretty full. I knew I had to make the best of it because the next FOUR (4) hours of our journey would be on that bus. We arrived in Sorrento, Italy at 3:30 am, checked into the hostel, showered, got acquainted with my hostel mates, and in the bed an hour later. Whew!  


Pictures courtesy of Seven Hostel

My first experience in a hostel was actually a good experience. Besides the fact that I had to share my room with six ladies I did not know {I knew the other three}  besides the fact that the bathing area was shared between twenty ladies  and besides the fact that  well I think that was it. It was good. {Giggles} It was very clean, organized, and actually luxurious. The included breakfast was an added bonus. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone wanted a lovely hostel stay in Sorrento, Italy.


Welp, as you guys can see from the title of this post this is Part I. Yes, thats right, Ill have to keep you guys waiting for Part II and maybe even III for the days to come. There is just so much to tell about my adventure in the Amalfi Coast. One post just wouldnt have sufficed. You can read all about my chairlift ride in to the clouds. {Literally IN THE CLOUDS!}

Until next time mis chicos y chicas stay blessed!








1 comment:

  1. You didn't get a stamp because you were travelling within the EU :)

    ReplyDelete