Thursday, October 17, 2013

Amalfi Coast is THE BEST COAST {Part II}


¡Hola! I m excited to bring you the second part to my Italy weekend trip. For those of you who missed the posting of Part I, please help yourself to the read.

Ahora lets hop right into it.

Settled and tucked into my nicely made bunk by 4:30 in the morning that Friday, just to get back up two hours later. Thats right! Ive NEVER gone with out sleep. I literally need eight hours per night to function properly throughout the next day. But I had to keep the ball rolling and the show on the road. There was an eventful day ahead of me.


What a beautiful sight, si? I was headed to the island of Capri, Italy and traveling by ferry. Once arriving on the island, I had to hop on another boat for a tour around the island. Quickly realizing that my body gets seasick. Not a good feeling what so 
ever!

Hence why my face was so screwed up {Giggles}


The view was absolutely STUNNING. I wish I could have walked around the boat and took better pictures, but due to my sea sickness I was restricted to a seat right outside the lavatory. {Giggles}

After our boat tour around Capri Island, I took a ferry train up to the city of Anacapri to explore more. The city was filled with restaurant, shops and bargains. Being that I was apart of the Bus2Alps crew, there were tons of discounts for us to enjoy.

Anacapri, Italy - looking out
Now here comes the really crazy part I was lifted up into the clouds. Literally! For those of you who are the little risk takers, then this chair lift is perfect for you. I actually got on NOT knowing what I was getting myself into. It was like a ski lift if youve ever been skiing then you know exactly what Im speaking of. A ONE SEATER ski lift that is! The ride up took twenty minutes. Longer than any roller coast ride Ive been on. And when youre up in the air, looking down way down at the mountain underneath your feet, without a seat belt only a flimsy handle bar that could be pushed up any time headed into dark clouds that you know nothing about well, its scarier than you think.
Happy that I finally made it up 


The ride down was much better. There you knew what to expect. The view wasnt so bad, either. What do you think?  

Even though the weather wasnt up to par, the city of Capri and Anacapri was lovely. I absolutely fell in love with their charm. The main thing that stood out were the locals. The people -  extremely friendly and welcoming. I would most definitely love to go back and spend more time.   



Pues, its about that time mis amigos. Fortunately for you, I have one last section to this Amalfi Coast weekend. I will also post more pictures on my Facebook page for you all to enjoy. In the meantime in between time stay tuned and stay blessed. Chau!





No comments:

Post a Comment