Friday, January 3, 2014

Something for the People - New Years Luck

HAPPY NEW YEARS - FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. I surely did!


Why? Well, lets see I spent Christmas in Rome with mi madre and family friend. Please stay tuned for my wonderful Christmas in Rome post.

I brought the New Years in con mi amiga at a dinner party and had a blast for the after partying as well. The dinner party I attended was a small intimate dinner with about 30 people. Eat, drink, be merry was our motto. 
I also got the chance to witness how the Catalan culture brings in their New Year. You take 12 grapes and eat one by one every second starting at the 12-second count down to midnight. I never knew how hard eating grapes could be. {Giggles} But if you finished them all in 12 seconds by midnight then you are brought good luck. Guess, Ill be having good luck this year.

Although, I don't feel like luck is on my side right now. I'm caught in an airport (not in Barcelona) and not at my destination. Flew in from BCN at 4:00 pm to find out that my connecting flight was cancelled, due to weather. To make matters worse, there weren't any airlines flying out that night and they were trying to book me for two days later. NOPE! Not going for it. They werent able to supply a hotel room and the reservation hotline was not taking calls, due to a high call volume. Every single employee of the airport  RUDE! (The audacity, right?) The taxis were limited AND charging EXTRA for the terrible weather. The amount was ridiculous! So what did that mean for me? I was stuck at the airport for the night. ALL of the chairs were occupied (a lot of other folks flights were cancelled too) so I was forced to sleep on a heating vent next to a window WITH TWO INDIVUDALS I DIDNT KNOW. {DIOS MIO} Of course I didnt get a good nights sleep, but thanks to the blanket and pillow I packed, I was a little comfortable. JUST A LITTLE. Then, I kind of had to sleep with one eye open to make sure my luggage didnt walk off.

I am now scheduled for a standby flight in 4 hours AND a regular flight in 8 hours from now. Whichever God sees fit. Thankfully, I have my luggage checked in and am through the security checkpoint. So the chaos is done Hopefully. However, I was informed that there is a possibility that both flights could be cancelled as well. Leaving me at the airport for another unexpected flight. Makes me wonder if I ate those New Years grapes wrong. {Giggles}
In the meantime keep dreaming, stay inspired, and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment