Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Just NOT Finished


As I sat in my perfectly situated, window seat of my Turkish Airlines international flight I couldnt help but think if it was ALL real. I mean seriously was I really returning to Barcelona, Spain the city that I  love? I guess Im just NOT finished yet!

Before I go on and talk about my journey, I do want to take a pause for the cause and acknowledge Turkish Airlines. The moment I stepped foot on the airplane I knew I made the right decision.
Being that I am a food junky, Turkish Airlines had the BEST inflight meals I have tasted. Like, seriously! I do a lot of research before I fly. Before I chose an airline, I have to be certain the seating layout is not over crowded. I have to be certain that there is flight entertainment offered i.e. personal TV monitor is placed on the headrest in front of you with a personal USB and head phone connection for all of my electronics. And I have to be certain that there IS an inflight meal.

They offered a pillow, blanket (even though I had my ol faithful), footies, ear buds, and headphone. What really impressed me was the eye mask,  toothbrush and toothpaste.   
The inflight meals were DELICIOUS! Im saying the best Ive ever witnessed in the air. My flight from Chicago OHara departed at  10:25 in the evening   the airport food was ridiculously, expensive. Im talking 7 bucks just for a burger WITH NO CHEESE. Aint knowbody got time for that!  So I decided to just buy small snacks and wait until the first meal served inflight.

The first meal given to us was grilled chicken, white rice, vegetables (which were lovely), salad, green beans (which I dont do), a very toasty baguette and slice of cheesecake as dessert.




Now, I know it doesnt seem like much, but when you have flown on many flights and different airlines and the inflight meals that you have tried to indulge in could be thrown out the window you learn to appreciate the little things. And did I mention that the liquors and wines were FREE! {Giggles}


After eating this meal, I placed my headphone in my ear, turned on an inflight movie, put on my eye mask and let the inflight movie watch me. But it seems like every time the stewardess came around for drinks or snacks I woke just in time. Now that right there mis amigos, is a professional flight rider.
Eight hours into my ten hour flight breakfast was served. All in all, would I recommend Turkish Airlines? Absolutely, one-hundred percent, YES!


During my  three-hour layover in Istanbul, I was so anxious to get back on the plane to arrive back in Barcelona. Even though I would arrive in Barcelona when the city was sleeping at midnight I knew my adventure was beginning, again!  


Vale! Back to the story at hand Im Just not finished.
Arriving at the Barcelona-El Prat airport was a breeze. Passport control gave me no hassle and all three of my checked luggages were prompt.
 
I strolled out of the airport like I still got it! 


This second go round, here in Barcelona is more different than my first. I will not be studying in a Spanish school BUT teaching in one. 

I have met some amazing coworkers already as well as a great family connection. 
I want to experience more of Barcelona in addition to more parts of Spain and I believe I have begun with a great start. I have been shown favor and God is truly blessing me like he continues to do. He shows up AND shows out! Thats what happens when you are an heir to the kingdom. He knows that Im JUST not finished!

Stay tuned for more adventures.

And in the meantime, in between time
 
Keep dreaming, stay inspired, and be blessed!



1 comment:

  1. Awwww.....I wish I would have read this sooner! So inspirational! 😙

    ReplyDelete